Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolution

After writing about Kate's history, I was planning to write a post about what exactly is wrong with Kate currently, but something has become painfully obvious today. Apparently she's not the one with issues. It's me. As was pointed out so clearly at a doctor's appointment today, it could be worse. Someone will learn today that their child has cancer. Apparently I have issues, of the emotional/mental sort. As such and the coincidental timing of this "finding", as well as the feeling that people are flat out tired of me, I am making a New Year's resolution.

For 2010 I will:
- Not talk, blog or post to Facebook about Kate's health.
- Not seek advice, referrals, support or opinions regarding Kate's health.
- Not research possibilities with her health.
- Simply answer, "She's great" when asked about Kate. If you catch me answering differently, I owe you a buck.
- Will take Kate to the doctor when she is sick, but will not interject my opinion, feelings or concerns.
- Quit seeking the bigger picture and simply put "band-aids" on Kate's symptoms.
- Give her the medications that which ever doctor we saw last says to and not question what other doctors have said, nor the effect these medicines may have on her.
- Attempt to treat Kate in the manner that a home health nurse would (when she is not feeling well) and not let my Mommy emotions get in the way. This is to include not complaining, over reacting, worrying and all of the other little differences between a mommy and an employee.
- Quit letting these little things get in the way of my relationships, dreams, goals, plans, spiritual life or personal life.
- Attempt to regain my sanity and mental health.

Please feel free to assist me in these goals, as it will take a little while to make them my norm. Wish me luck! Here's to a fabulous 2010!