Tuesday, February 16, 2010

If I Don't Find Something to Laugh At.......

I will cry and I may not stop. I'm stuck in the rut again. Fed up. Exhausted. Tired of fighting. Nothing left to fight with. So instead of being blue, I'm gonna have a laugh. It has been way too long since I posted some funnies, so without further ado: (Since it's been a while some of these may be repeats and close to a year old. Sorry!)

1. Last year at the zoo, my favorite animals had to have been the ones found by Leah, the pokeypine and the peehawk.

2. Leah to Mom "Do I have your ears? Cuz..... I love you!"

3. After an unfortunately timed bathtime poop by Kate, Leah was overheard yelling excitedly, "Mom, there's seaweed in the bathtub!".

4. Leah used to describe the clouds as mashed potatoes.

5. Most days Leah enjoys a good game of hide'n'seek. She likes to tease and be teased. I say usually because she is rather moody. On this particular day I hid behind a door, jumped out and yelled as she came in the room. I obviously got her good from the terror on her face. She then proceeded to inform me that "I was NOT treating others the way I wanted to be treated". When I informed her that, as a matter of fact, I DO like to be teased, she made it her personal mission to scare me every few minutes for the next 24 hours.

6. In my family saying "Oh my gosh" was not allowed and as such, this has become our rule too. Leah picked up this phrase from some neighbor kids and we had gotten on to her repeatedly for it. When discussing how well behaved she was she told me, "I used to say oh my gosh, but now I changed my life". Thank goodness she's seen the light!

7. "This tastes like dryer blankets"

8. In an all too common dramatic moment, Leah belted out, "I wish God didn't make me this way".

9. Leah has discovered that smothering Kate is most definitely one of Kate's pet peeves. She HATES to be held down. Like any good big sister, Leah has learned to capitalize on this. She has also rationed that she will not get in trouble for the torment because she is simply "trying to hug Kate". To combat this affection, we taught Kate to say, "STOP, sissy!". Leah now knows that once this is used, she gets one chance to stop before there is discipline. The other day I was in the middle of disciplining Kate and she stuck her hand in my face and said, "STOP, Mommy" followed by "no, no" while shaking her little pudgy index finger in my face. Whoa, we are in trouble!

10. While Daddy-O was talking in the car the other day, Leah told him "zip it, lock it, put it in your pocket".

11. Some of the funny things Kate now says at 21 months are:
a) "Oh MAN!!!"
b) "Holy cow!!!"
c) "Shoot!!!"
d) calling me by my first name
e) "I have boobers!" (boogers)
f) "Who's stinky? Sissy? Daddy?"
g) "It tickles" (used anytime she doesn't like something, ie. diaper change)

12. Leah plays Rock Band with Daddy-O quite often. Since I only let the kids listen to KSBJ, our local Christian radio station, or kids cd's, this has given her a taste of a whole different world of music. For weeks she kept asking for the Obama song in the car. I wasn't quite sure what she was wanting and kept pushing her off until we heard the "Obama" song at a restaurant one night. The chorus goes a little something like this:

"Sweet Ole' Obama......where the skies are so blue"

3 comments:

Julie Budge said...

I too needed a laugh...thank you for those. The Obama song is my favorite! Love you - call me when you are ready to escape (if only for a few hours). Julie

Anonymous said...

That was great. Thanks so much for the laugh. Even though I had heard some of them before they made me laugh all over again. Man, I love those girls.

Lisa

Unknown said...

Hello! While I do not know what you are going through.... I seriously just posted a blog entry this morning on mine that was about laughing instead of crying.

You blog provided some good laughs for me this morning! Thanks for sharing! I hope that the girls are both doing well! I think of you all often and hope that you keep finding more information that will steer you towards a true diagnosis!